Dog Walker and Home Sitter
Due to an increase in bookings we are looking for another dog walker/home sitter to join our team.
Little Paws Pet Services are a personal and professional pet sitting business. Operating for over eight years and offering a number of pet services ranging from our Cattery and Small Pet Sitting to our Community Dog Walking and Home Sitting services, Little Paws offer endless opportunities for all pet owners within the local area of Sutton Coldfield, no job too big or small.
We are currently advertising a 'Bank' position for the right candidate to start work as a Dog Walker and Home Sitter within the Sutton Coldfield and surrounding areas. The role will also include some work within the Cattery and Pet Sitting facilities during peak holiday seasons throughout the year.
Looking after animals is a very important duty. Our clients are looking for responsible, knowledgable and trustworthy individuals to take care of their pets in their absence. Little Paws Pet Services are a very personal service provider, taking time to get to know our clients and their pets and putting in that little bit of extra effort to ensure their pets are looked after in a way they are used to and comfortable with.
Pay: £7.50 per hour (National Minimum Wage)
Hours p/w: Flexible/Bank approximately 10+
- feeding animals adhering to each individual feeding plan as shown on file
- cleaning facilities to a high standard of cleanliness
- Ensuring the indoor and outdoor facilities are clean and tidy at all times
- filling out all paperwork and filing away
- meeting potential clients in their own homes to discuss care plans for their pets
- collecting and dropping off keys when clients leave and return from vacations
- entering clients homes to care for their animals in their absence ensuring a high level of security to clients homes
- collecting dogs from clients homes and walking them meeting the requirements set by the dog owner
- taking payments via card or cash and adding payments to the books
- answering queries and offering advice to clients regarding our services
- meeting and greeting clients dropping off and picking up pets from our cattery and pet sitting facilities
- health checking pets daily and recording any concerns in the care book and consulting the manager
- organising and labeling clients property on arrival
- completing an assessment of any new dogs after their first walk with Little Paws and submitting it to the manager
- staying at clients homes overnight if and when needed
The ideal candidate would need:
- current and up to date DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check (formerly CRB) received within the past 5 years or willing to apply for one
- current and up to date driving license and means of transport i.e. Your own vehicle
- a vast knowledge of domestic animals, qualifications not necessary but would be of an advantage
- physical ability and a full bill of health due to the physical nature of the job
- vast experience with animals (most importantly dogs, rabbits and cats) whether it be within a work environment or at home
- a friendly and helpful attitude towards clients, able to build a relationship with everyone who comes in to Little Paws giving a good impression of the business all around
- able to work on your own initiative
- able to work well alone or as part of a team
If you do not possess a driving license, vehicle, and DBS check, please do not apply.
Please send your CV to jessica @littlepawspets.co.uk and give us a short cover letter to explain why you feel you would be the ideal candidate for this job. Do you feel you can fill this position? We will contact you within two weeks if we feel you could be a successful candidate. If you are not contacted regarding this position within two weeks time, please assume that you were not successful as due to high levels of applications, we cannot respond to everyone.
To Apply, please send your CV to our e-mail at email@example.com